Okay, so if you’re using the prerelease, here’s a list of FAQs. If you ask any of these, not only won’t I respond, but I’ll delete your comment.
The Forge ore dictionary will handle any interaction between mods that make similar ore types. This means that copper, tin, etc will share nicely with IC². It’s not done yet, but this is still a prerelease.
TMI doesn’t work properly with the prerelease.
- The dark matter pick from EE gets confused by marble and basalt. It tries to mine the whole deposit using a recursive algorithm that isn’t suited for mining thousands of blocks at once.
- There are some major bugs in the Deployer that are causing item duplication in some cases.
- The whole tube routing system is missing, so if you do anything more than simple A-to-B with them, they won’t do what you want.
- Stone bricks can’t currently be cut up, but that will be done for the next version.
- Custom-textured jacketed wires have texture issues right now.
Dirt covers render incorrectly in inventory.
I haven’t done any playtesting yet, so this isn’t what I’d call the final balance. Ores may be too common.
Trees and volcanos are currently using a relatively boring algorithm to determine placement. I have a better one planned, but that won’t get in until pr3.
Yes, I plan to make RedPower 2 modular. I didn’t get a chance to finish up some internal architectural changes that currently make that impossible, but RPpr2 should be.